Saturday, October 9, 2010


The rumor flew around Facebook faster than any rumor before--and then it turned out to be true. The middle school has smoke and water damage, and it may or may not reopen Tuesday.

LATER: It reopened on time. A generator shot a rod, essentially backfiring, and flamed out so thoroughly that the roof temperature (on a cool night) got up to 170 degrees. It was a carburetor fire involving natural gas. It melted the emergency shutoff and caused about $250K worth of damage (all covered by insurance).

1 comment:

mlutwak said...

Some great ways to organize the English language in that article there are.