Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day, 2008

We had a very nice dinner at Rogues Harbor Inn with our congressman last night; he kindly chose to spend his last day before the election in Tompkins County. District 10 was quiet when O and I arrived to vote at 7 AM. Two more cars pulled in as we left. Since we were too early to go to school, we drove past another polling place, one where they recently merged districts. The parking lot was full, and there was a strong police presence.

Now I'll try to work for a few hours before picking up the first lists at noon. At 2:20, I'll pick up O to take her to her flute lesson. Then I'll drop her at home and pick up more lists. At 5:45, I'll take her to rehearsal, pick up more lists, and make calls at Mike Lane's office until 7:45, when I'll pick O up and deliver her home before returning to the polls to get the final results at 9. Then it's off to post the results and go to the Victory Party downtown. Not too late, though--at 7:15 AM tomorrow, I'll need to be on the radio to pundit-fy about the results.

No comments: