Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Another Party Heard From

SAZ writes in response to Phil:
For once, I have to disagree with Phil. If there are copy cats out there, surely they were sufficiently inspired by TV coverage of the streams of ambulances filled with bodies and wounded students, heading for Virginia hospitals.

The NBC material, shattering as it was, might just have convinced some teacher or classmate to think, "My God, that stuff looks like Johnny Doe's last paper," or "My God, that stuff looks like Johnny's web site." And maybe, just maybe, the next massacre will be short-circuited.

Knowledge is always useful. Milton's Areopagitica said it better than I can, in 1644. I don't want NBC's big-shots or lawyers censoring what's shown on the air, at least not any more than they do already.

No comments: