Friday, January 19, 2007

Energy Issues

This morning I went out to the woodpile with the sled, planning to move large quantities to the indoor woodpile in the garage, but I found that the boulders that hold the tarps over the woodpile had frozen solid into the ground, and I was completely unable to move them. I'm not sure what my next step will be.

Meanwhile, an oil and gas company from Denver, via their West Virginia representatives, has approached us about leasing/selling natural gas rights. As you can see from this story, we're not the only ones they've approached. Aside from the ethical issues of partnering with an evil oil conglomerate, I understand that noise pollution is a byproduct, which would not be good for our animal population. But we'll probably need to learn more to make a sensible decision.

No comments: