1. There's panic in the streets as people suddenly notice that our primaries are closed.
2. The same people and others figure out all of a sudden that the delegate selection process makes little sense.
3. Everybody freaks out about the existence of superdelegates.
4. I get endless petitions calling for the registration dates to change.
5. People realize, apparently for the first time, that we can't vote online or by mail.
Here's what I'd like to happen post-November in NY: People continue fighting for open primaries, day-of or week-of registration, early voting, and the demise of the superdelegate system.
Here's what I expect to happen post-November in NY: People go back to sleep for 40 more years.