Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Political Fallout

The 11 Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee believe that they can ignore a nominee for the Supreme Court from the black president whom they don't really recognize without any danger of political fallout. Sadly, only two of them are up for re-election in 2016 (one, David Vitter-LA, is retiring). However, if you want to send a message, write to the two as follows:

Dear {Senator Grassley/Senator Lee}:

I believe that your refusal to consider a nominee for the Supreme Court from the president our nation elected twice is the last straw from a do-nothing Congress. I am sick and tired of paying your salary. Please know that I am sending a donation to your Democratic opponent, {Tom Fiegen/Jon Swinton}, and that I will do all in my power to see that you are not returned to office.

Sincerely, etc.

Grassley is actually opposed by four Democrats who will run in a primary, but I chose the one who has publicly endorsed Bernie Sanders, because why not.

Here is the contact information.

No comments: