Friday, October 3, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes

The House approved the "Rescue" AKA "Bailout" bill, apparently at least partially thanks to some wild last-minute phoning by Barack Obama. No news yet on who voted how, but I'll post it when it's available.

I find it hard to believe that this is going to help me in any way.

And Ms. Palin lived to fight another day, although O thought she should have been docked a point for each "Doggone it" and "Yer darned right." The transcript captures her convolutions but not her winks and "aw shucks" attitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened in the car and actuallly shrieked in dismay when she spouted the line about Biden's wife being rewarded in heaven for being a teacher. She is the female George Bush, albeit with a Fargo accent rather than a Walmart accent.
DZ

Anonymous said...

The sad piece that as a woman, you feel some obligation to defend the her,only for the fact that she is a woman. I give up. She is playing into every stereotype and frankly, she's a bimbo.

So, I feel I've done my duty.