Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Berlin Speech

I took a short break to catch Obama in Berlin--surely the only time ever that news organizations have covered live a speech by a candidate in a foreign country. It was an excellent speech, touching every base one would imagine--nukes, immigration, Afghanistan, torture, you name it. Rather brave, I thought, to use the phrase "Never again" in relation to Darfur, but the crowd loved it.

This campaign will go down in history for its brilliance, I think. Essentially, they have succeeded in creating a worldwide perception of Obama as president months before the election even takes place. If I were McCain, I'd just throw in the towel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now let's hope that people don't decide they want a regime change before he even gets elected...