Monday, June 2, 2008

What I Did Today

It had to do with what Dave posted at Dryden Is Home: Our Chair came out for Clinton. As one of the few remaining uncommitted superdelegates, and the only one in a long time to favor Clinton, this was news and had to be handled delicately. (I'm the one who asked Dave to take down his post temporarily, but by then, the AP had picked the story up off the Internet where other committee members, presumably, had already posted.)

So I've been emailing, phoning, and faxing (until my printer-fax stopped working temporarily, causing brief panic here) and have sent the story 'round to local media, the NYT, the Washington Post, and a few places in between. Tompkins County's 15 minutes of fame!

I suppose this is the time to confess that I will be at the August Convention, as a guest, not a delegate. As we inch closer, and there's no sign of diminished energy from the Clinton campaign, it looks to be a very lively five days in Denver.

No comments: