Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Best-Laid Plans

After all my agita, I can't even get down the driveway to vote. Couldn't get O to the bus stop this morning. Paul couldn't get to work. We have a river of ice, and salt does nothing to help. Whatanightmare. Meanwhile, O has her first Japanese lesson with a new tutor today, and I have no phone number for the poor girl to tell her it's off.

This will be the first time I've missed any vote since I turned 18.

LATER: I wasn't forced to break my record. Paul took the plow truck down and then drove O and me down in my car. It was exciting but not fatal. So we went to vote, made it to the library in time for the Japanese lesson, bought 200 pounds of corn to weight the back of the car, and drove home in the fog to park at the neighbors'.

No comments: